How to Win North Carolina Education Lottery
State lottery became legitimate in North Carolina only in August 2005. It is officially known as North Carolina Education Lottery, and around 35% of income is donated to state education.
The NCEL has several, eight to be exact, inner state games that include Carolina Pick 3, Carolina Pick 4, Carolina Pick 5, and All or Nothing. Except for this, you can play multiple state games like Mega Millions and Powerball, or buy one of scratch tickets. The prices vary from $1, $2, $5, $10, $20, and $30.
The lottery is going to introduce Internet-based games, so called E-Instant games. Registered users have access to interactive electronic games. These games can be accessed from computers or smart phones.
Recently, the NC Education Lottery has launched “Play at the Pump”. Now Carolina Cash 5, Mega Millions and Powerball can be played in a fast and easy way: players just have to swipe a debit card at the pump and drive away with next jackpot drawing numbers.
If you are a regular player of the NC lottery, you might have thought of some ways how to surely win the lottery. You can find a lot of articles online on how to increase chances of winning the NCEL. But the thing is the NC Lottery draw games are pure chance. No manual will help you definitely win any of them, but it is possible to increase the odds of winning the jackpot. We are going to discuss several of them. Although, the best way to make sure you win a lottery is to buy more tickets. The more tickets you have, the more chances to win.
There is a difference between scratchers (scratch-off games) and the NC Lottery drawings. Winning the latter can be only by chance, as the numbers are drawn randomly, no one interferes in the process.
The thing with scratch-off games is a little bit different. Why are they not random games? The answer is obvious: a real person is in charge of them. And this person decides how many tickets should be printed, how many of them are winning, as well as the amount of wins and the way these tickets are spread around the state.
Some people think there is some kind of formula to scratch-off games and try to decipher it. There was an article in Wired Magazine about Mohan Srivastava, a Canadian geological statistician who found out one of the ways to figure out a formula. He claims there should be a computer program that gives out all the numbers. Most probably, a program just creates an illusion of randomness, while being fixed. The company who produces tickets has to control the number of winning tickets issued. That’s why random digits cannot be used for these games. This is how Mr. Srivastava explains his understanding of the way the whole system works.
We don’t know exactly how to win the NC Lottery, but we can give some pieces of advice to improve the odds of getting a lucky ticket.
Follow the tips and increase your chances:
- Buy all the scratch-off tickets from one roll of the NCEL: your chances of losing decrease with every single losing ticket. There might be several winners in each roll, so it is better to focus on one roll.
- Bigger number – bigger chances: statistics shows that it is better not to play every day by buying only one ticket, but the chances of getting a lucky number are much higher when you take a bulk of tickets at the same time. For instance, buy 7 tickets in a row, you will spend the same amount of money, but the chances of winning will be doubled.
- Stay smart, let the others lose: if you have some free time, hang out around other people who play. Watch how many tickets they bought were unlucky. If the number of these tickets is big, they might give up and this is when you get into the game. Apart from this, you can become close friends with a cashier who sells the tickets, so they will track the numbers for you.
- Use retailer’s computer to double-check your losing tickets: you might miss a matching number while checking more than 10 tickets in a row.
- Strategy is a key to success: the results are usually displayed on the website of the company that produces tickets, so you can watch which sums were already won in the game, etc.
Try your luck with a new strategy for winning the NCEL.